SUMMARY: LinkedIn Profile
- Presentation of complex information, group management, growth targets and assessment (3 years. Higher education. Student assessments available).
- Fast-paced, customer-focused enterprise, with adaption to a vision for a specified audience and the expectation of presenting a polished, finished product, getting it right the first time (7 years. Freelance writing).
- Holds a long-term vision for the completion of a complex, self-started and innovative projects to a high standard of presentation and intellectual design (15 years. Four novels, three with publishers, one under consideration. Radio show, 2 years).
- Highly-polished written, oral communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to specified audiences.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for customer focused problem solving.
- Creative problem solver who uses research and critical analysis to inform decisions.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly collaborative, win-win and third-solution focused.
- Experienced in multi-media formats across many platforms: website development and management, podcasting, short video production and filming, social media management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Blackboard and iLearn LMS.
- Ability to travel.
- Diversity training: trigger warnings, correct methods of address, awareness of micro-aggressions.
- Initiates and follows through with long-term visions through action on concrete and specific goals.
- Searches for win-win solutions.
- Demonstrates thoughtful, strategic, and customer-focused decision making.
- Engages collaboratively to build high-performing teams.
- Prioritizes effectively, and with an overall vision of completion as the focus of each goal.
- Able to build relationship-based networks, and work proactively and flexibly in a team.
Freelance Writing: 2011-Present
- Editing Consultation Via Vecchia Winery
- Technical Writing Home Remedy LLC. 100-page training manual.
- Social Media Consultant Swell Studios.
- Freelance Reporter Short North Gazette.
- Freelance Reporter Midwest Wine Press.
- Senior Staff Writer The Grapevine Magazine.
- Carry out interviews, editing, and original copywriting.
- Deliver original content to client on time and cleanly presented.
- Liaise with designers and provide photography as required.
- Train clients in the use of social media. Write website content, and social media deliverables. Social media schedules using Buffer and Hootsuite.
- Press releases and advertising copy.
Capital University Adjunct Instructor 2015-Present
Columbus State CC Adjunct Instructor 2016-Present
Composition and Rhetoric classes: Create assignments, exercises, classroom schedules and lesson plans. Conference with students regularly, teach rhetorical styles, assess papers for logical flow, adherence to grammatical and rhetorical requirements, and MLA format. Teach critical analysis, research, and documentation. Conversant with the LMS Blackboard and iLearn.
Editor and Show Host, May 2016 to Present
WGRN-fm, 94.1, Columbus Ohio. Saturdays, 12.30-1pm.
Word Carver is dedicated to showcasing the diverse talents of authors and poets in Columbus. Duties include: Interview guests, edit tape, collect tape from Assistant Editor, create show in Soundforge and upload to server. Podcast the tape through iTunes, Spotify and Google Play. Write the show notes and post with pictures. Edit the Word Carver website to reflect the new show notes. Put show notes up to Word Carver on Medium.com. Tweet about the new show, post to the Facebook page, and Instagram.
Selected Creative Non Fiction & Articles
“Are Thoughts Things? A Meditation on the Power of Words to Harm — or Heal,” Talking Writing. URL: http://talkingwriting.com/are-thoughts-things
“Short Linebacker Rules the Roost,” Sugar Mule Magazine. URL: http://www.sugarmule.com/41.htm
“An Artist, a Chinese Junk and Old Union Station,” Short North Gazette. URL: http://www.shortnorth.com/Powell.html
“A Slice of American Dream,” Short North Gazette. URL: http://www.shortnorth.com/Velio.html
“Tuscan,” Greenwoman Magazine, Colorado Springs: Greenwoman Publications. Print.
“The Night Ted Bundy Came into My House and Tried to Kill My Sister with a Knife,” You Magazine (UK).
- The Light Catcher. Philadelphia: Assent, 2014. ISBN: 978-1-62827-926-9
- Butterfly Eyes. London: Hodder Headline (UK), 1999. ISBN:0-7472-2120
- Motherhunt. London: Hodder Headline (UK), 1998. ISBN:0-7472-2119-7
- The Kissing License: Currently seeking representation.
- Official Selection, Psychological Suspense. The Light Catcher. New Apple Book Awards, Excellence in Independent Publishing. 2015.
- First Place. “Salmon,” Ohio Writer, November 2007.